2013-02-18

The Lord Of The Rings. Then & Now.


It was in my twelve birthday anniversary when my parents bougth to me the Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game of I.C.E. In that days I had not read the novels neither The Hobbit, I had played Hero Quest in its spanish edition and then I had seen boys of my school playing that new book based game...

Survival
In these days I used to buy Mithril Miniatures, they were my favourites, I can't remember what was the first mini I painted, but a couple of these figures, painted with Tamiya non acrylic paints, were found in my mother's house, still there are bags with soldiers that my nephews use to play where probably there are some of these "vintage" miniatures, and I don't want to go deeper or perhaps I will find some creature to riddle with...
Old Mithril Miniatures
Now I have to jump the warhammer years to continue with Mithril Miniatures, ten years more or less and all the techniques that I learnt with my Undead and Space Wolves armys bring me to this:


I know, you have seen this before...





This is the last Mithril mini I had painted in 2003

He lost his shield in the battle...

Then I begun to paint Games Workshop miniatures from the Lord of the Rings collection.






Ten years, a wedding and a birth after this is how Lord of The Rings fill my table...






New Gandalf!!!

 


And this is Elrond in the Battle of the Last Alliance


And that's all for now, I'll continue painting and showing my work here and if you are interested on buy something you have seen, you can contact with me in this blog or look for my auctions on ebay.


See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment